Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Craigslist Tub Chair

I'm so excited, look at what my sweet boyfriend got me!



Not that he had much of a choice...I practically kidnapped him from work to make the 45 minute drive south to pick it up. Luckily this didn't end up like the many Craigslist horror stories you hear about. The couple who sold it to us lived in a posh neighborhood and were perfectly sweet. They got a kick out of watching us try to maneuver the chair into the car (after getting this coffee table into the back seat, I should be able to fit this thing no problem right?). It ended up riding shot gun and getting to control the radio with one of its legs!

Best of all, the chair only cost us $60, and they threw in a matching ottoman for free!

I swear, the wood and fabrics match the chair...it's the lighting.
Pretty good deal for a microfiber set in excellent condition with beautiful lines! I've been on the hunt for a good club/tub chair for a while now so I'm really stoked that we managed to get our hands on this one. Here's a picture of it in the grander scheme of things.





Ahhhhh it makes me all warm inside. I'm thinking of getting a sheepskin throw for it to tie it in with the lighter colors around the room. It's practically got a spotlight on it in the above picture, but it really is the color of that ottoman.

In other news, my new lens finally came in! It's a Canon EF-S 18-200mm IS lens and it is AWESOME! I've been wanting to get a versatile lens with a nice focal range so I wouldn't be constantly switching lenses when I'm in a hurry or lazy. The image stabilization is pretty unbelievable as it allows me to take photos at 1/30 or even 1/16 and still have a very good chance of getting a crisp image. Few things are more heartbreaking than uploading photos at the end of the day only to find out that your stupid shaky body messed them up.


Every Friday the photography mail alias at Pixar does a photo share...my goal this week is to use my lens to take something worthy of sharing.

1 comment:

  1. Our stunning collection of club and tub chairs are offered in a huge range of premium leather, PU and fabric options, which makes our selection of tub chairs hard to beat. All our products from Relax At Eeze are offered with free next working day delivery when ordered before midday Monday-Friday, plus are backed by our best UK price for club chair guaranteed - you wont find better value, tub/club chairs

    ReplyDelete